Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Cloud cuckoo land.

In article ,
T i m wrote:
On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 11:02:39 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
Exactly why tube drivers are well paid. ;-)

As an aside and whilst I get the thought, has anyone here been a tube
driver to be able to say just how 'boring' it is (or isn't)?

Not me. But I know one who currently is, and one who was and moved into
management.

Sometimes the way, especially after a time in service or if they have
some health issues.

I don't have any figures, but have been told these are well above the norm
with tube drivers. Including things like suicide. Perhaps the ultimate
health issue.
That particular mate is a true anorak about all things LT related. Mainly
the history of the tube. Absolutely fascinating.

The only reason the one who currently still does it is for the
money.

I guess there will be people doing it 'for the money' at the outset
and / or maybe times are changing?

Well, most work to pay the bills. Apart from Brexiteers, obviously, who
think it all comes from a printing press. A non union one, of course.

--
*It IS as bad as you think, and they ARE out to get you.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.