Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Question about Electic Motors

In article ,
Johnny B Good wrote:
No. As I said, the motors stopped. Constant run capstan was the far more
common method.

Presumably, in this case, pressing the play button immediately powers
the capstan motor but delays the pinch wheel solenoid operation by a few
tens of milliseconds to allow the capstan motor to get up to speed.
Pressing the stop button would simultaneously release the pinch wheel
solenoid and shut off the capstan motor.

I'm not quite sure of the actual sequence. With twin capstan drive, the
speed the pinch rollers came in might be a problem to match. But the
motors were sync'd so I'd guess the solenoids came in first then the
motors ran.

--
*Happiness is seeing your mother-in-law on a milk carton

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.