Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing an oil CH boiler myself?

On Monday, 19 February 2018 10:29:01 UTC, Roger Hayter wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Dave Liquorice explained on 19/02/2018 :
It's in your own home, your not getting paid, provided you are
"competent" and follow the regs I don't think there is anything to
stop you. Same applies to gas.

That is how I too see it. The only point of doubt is in determining who
might be described as 'competent'. Judging by the mistakes I have seen
made by fully qualified gas engineers, I would feel much safer doing a
self install.

With an oil boiler, someone with the proper, recently calibrated
instruments should check combustion when commissioning it. It seems
hard to go wrong with installation otherwise, provided one has
sufficient common sense and knowledge of suitable materials to seal the
flue properly, and put it in a sensible place.

don't they monitor themselves nowadays?