Posted to uk.d-i-y
Old Codger[_6_] Old Codger[_6_] is offline

Default Replacing an oil CH boiler myself?

On 18/02/2018 20:38, Rob Graham wrote:
I did a Camray oil boiler installation myself over 20 years ago, and have twice had to rebuild the baffle plates, successfully in that the last re-build was some 5 years ago, but the machine is getting long in the tooth and anothe baffle failure might well be increasingly likely.

In terms of everything another boiler isn't that expensive, but having had a quote, which was monstrous considerable the inducements to become less polluting, I am wondering whether there are regulations now in place that would prohibit me just doing the replacement myself.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

A bit of googling suggests that it is still possible/permissible to diy
an oil fired installation:
https://www.diy-forums.com/threads/r...-boiler.31244/

--
Old Codger