Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Source of clear plastic 100mm tube?

In message ,
writes
On 17/02/2018 10:24, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 11:33:38 +0000,
wrote:

I'm about to update my dust extraction system and would prefer to
use
clear pipe, rather than soil pipe, so I can see any hang-ups or
blockages - are there any sources of 1 or 2 m lengths at a reasonable
price?

Why do you really need the whole run to be clear? Just a short bit
so
you can see the stuff flying by will show wether or not the system is
working as it should.

True. It would "clearly" be better to have the whole run clear but the
cost/benefit balance seems not to work, hence my mention of inspection
windows earlier.

Not been following so apologies if already covered. There was a thread
way way back where static electricity/sparks/fire risk issues were
covered.

Also covered was the huge loss in performance with non smooth interior
hose.

--
Tim Lamb