View Single Post
  #29   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster

Default Finally Dumping Micros**t and need wise advice

Welp! I reckon the old newsgrope has changed. Will check back....

"Newgene McMensa" newgene.mcmensaREMOVEREMOVEgmail.com wrote in message ...
Why am I posting this on a home repair site? Because I have followed the group for years and you guys have never failed to give good advice.... well, mostly.... well, sometimes.... LOL.

I've had it up to here (picture a chubby feller holding his hand up to his head) with Micros**t endless patching, "up" grades, etc., etc. I got a tablet recently with Silk browser - completely unknown to me - and I have started using it and have had zero trouble in over a year now. Granted, it's not a "computer" and limited. But, for crying out loud, Micros**t has been trying to get it right for 30 years. A "simple" OS with simple basic programs.... don't need 3-d virtual realititty, etc. etc etc. enough rant about micros**t

Anyway.... I have heard nothing negative about Linux for many years. So now I'm finally at the point of trying it out.

Here's the question....

I'm looking for the super easy way for a feller with basic computer skills to (a) acquire the software, (b) install it and (c) install the basic applications. I would like to stay with MS Word & Excel, just because they do fine for me and I don't need to learn anything else new dammit. LOL.

Anyway.... fire away. All comments and funny stories appreciated!

If you prefer to email me, use this....

Many thanks!

Newgene, formerly known as Snuffy