Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

On 16/02/2018 17:42, pamela wrote:
On 14:49 16 Feb 2018, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
pamela wrote:

It's so nice to be reminded of the benefits we have today of
prosperity, industrial peace, low unemployment, unvictimised
customers, cheaper goods and reliable services (except those
where unions still operate).

Yup. Great to see so many being exploited by minimum wage and zero
hours contacts etc so you can lounge at home and have cheap
deliveries.

I don't think someone on minimum wage is exploited. They are low
paid and personally I would struggle to maintain my lifestyle on it.

What is sad if that the minimum wage was necessary and with so many on
minimum wage.

The labour market used to determine wages, but when there is an influx
of workers into the work force who consider the minimum wage many times
their expectation, Brexit happens.

However employers offering the minumum wage are not offering a job
sufficient for all their employees to happily meet their financial
commitments no matter what they are. An employer is not responsible
for your financial affairs.

Why do they need to offer more, when they don't have to?

If that job doesn't pay enough then go to another company and if
nowhere near you pays enough to provide the spending power you want
then work in another area. If there's still nothing you like then
get better trained.

Yo do realise there is a labour market? There may be another employer
willing to pay more, but generally even their offer will be dictated by
the labour market.

One problem is the minumum standard of living too many people
expect as a absolute right includes a car, smartphone, colour telly,
home pc, central heating, modern kitchen, nights out drinking at the
weekend, blowout Christmases, holidays away, etc. Every job isn't
obliged to pay enough to cover all these things.

Quite the peasants are told the economy is doing really well, but that
doesn't translate to their pay packets. You are right about
expectations, hence Brexit.

The other issue is those on state benefits spouting why they shouldn't
be paid any more and support uncontrolled immigration, then they wonder
why Brexit is happening and whinge accordingly!