Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

In article ,
pamela wrote:
On 18:20 16 Feb 2018, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
I refused to join "the union", I didn't want them to have sole
negotiating rights over *my* terms and conditions.

Ah - right. Not many large companies would be willing to negotiate
new terms with every single employee on perhaps an annual basis.

That's exactly how it works in most companies I have been in. I take it
your experience is different. It was the lack of individualised
assessments which made me leave the public sector.

In a large company, it's going to make the HR department even larger.
Adding to non productive overheads. And opening up the much bigger
possibility of favouritism, etc.

And I can imagine you jumping up and down if you discovered
someone doing the same job was better paid than you...

That was an almost inevitable consequence of individual pay. In some
cases people doing a better job would be paid less than someone else
doing a worse job. It depended on what salary you initially
negoatiated and how important it was to retain that person.

You think a large organisation is going to negotiate the starting salary
of everyone individually too? Even the bog cleaners?

No reason not to reward someone who is exceptional at a job individually.
But to have individual saleries for everyone would be a nightmare.

You seems to be very jealous of what some earn in jobs you can't possibly
know. I wonder why?

--
*A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.