Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default where can I get the right converter to plug a 300W 120V US fanheater into a UK socket?

In article ,
wrote:
Maybe the OP isn't aware that bowl heaters have a long history of safety
problems. It's why we rarely see them now. So you already have some
'random junk' safety-wise.

Yup. And may well be worse being made for the 'land of the free' rather
than to EU regs. If there are any.

The most obvious being that the insulation on the wires and any switches
is likely only good for lower US voltage. I hope it has a tilt cutout
otherwise it will almost certainly invalidate household insurance.

Even with a tilt cutout it may still start a fire by residual heat.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown