Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Network cabinet - fire mitigation

On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 09:56:00 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

You can get relay interface bases for most common smoke detectors, so if
it detects smoke it could cut the power to the rack. This might be more reliable than a high-temp thermostat especially for a smouldering
plasticy fire.

Interesting idea but is there a UPS? I guess you could put the break
after the UPS but it needs to be fail safe, ie no power = UPS
disconnected otherwise there are possibilties that power (from the
UPS) is supplied when you don't want it to be. But you have to
account for power cuts when you do want power from the UPS.

And if interlinked, which is also a good idea, you don't want the
rack power dumped when you burn the toast.

I'm sure it's possible but needs a bit of thought and careful
examination of the logic truth table of anything designed.

--
Cheers
Dave.