Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Attaching Castor to Wooden Bench Leg

If the bench needs to be stable castors brakes or no brakes are a pain. The
problem is that the wheels can be locked but the swivel cannot making the
bench jiggle as the pivot rotates in the mounting.
My feeling is to abandon the movable idea, unless stability is of no
concern, and resort to the old brick under the legs method used for many
years!
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"tonkski" wrote in message
I want to raise a workbench up by a few inches, and thought it would be
handy to do this usIng suitable braked castors so that I can move the bench
around more easily. The legs of the bench are 80 x 60 mm in section and made
of softwood. I can't find any suitable castors with a rectangular top plate
of the right dimensions, so I was thinking of using castors with a single
bolt hole, attached using a 10mm dia screw. This is the kind of castor I'm
thinking of:

http://www.rosscastors.co.uk/100mm-s...ber-wheel.html

Would this work? Any better suggestions please.