Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Wood ID help?

On 2/15/2018 2:56 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
Doug Miller wrote in
:

wrote in :

The 10 x end grain close-up photos are neat.
John T.

Yep. So is the information -- which I missed the first time I read either site -- that coffeetree
fluoresces under blacklight. I'll have to see if I can lay my hands on a blacklight.

Borrowed a blacklight this afternoon, and planed a small patch of one board. With the board
illuminated only by the blacklight, yellow-green fluorscence is plainly visible.

Coffeetree it is!

Wow! Good call! How close was that board to a nuclear plant? '`)