Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] is offline

Default Calor/ Propane gas bottles, reallocation of use?

On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 19:12:11 +0000, Rob Morley
wrote:

On Tue, 06 Feb 2018 20:31:05 +0000
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

Dependent on the gauge and whatever I can get to pressurise the fluid.

You can get sufficient pressure from a pump intended for air-sprung
bicycle shock absorbers, which are available for about a tenner - just
fill the bottle (and any plumbing you use to connect it) with water
first, so there's minimal energy in the compressed air should anything
fail and explode. Obviously use good eye and ear protection.

:-)

Funny how One can miss the patently obvious.

Of course, water is still pretty incompressable even if there's an
airspace above it.

Thanks, it makes my search for the kit a lot less cash intensive.

I,ll be making a start hopefully next week. At least it will be a use
for some of the bits over ordered for the central heating.

Many thanks

AB