Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
On 12/02/2018 20:14, Roger Hayter wrote:
Andrew wrote:

On 11/02/2018 20:34, Roger Hayter wrote:
Clue: I was a member of a trade union all my working life,

Thanks for confirming what I had been suspecting for some time.

I remember the 1970's when people were bullied into joining trades
unions.

I wasn't.

I *was*.

A true wimp, then?

Very easy to explain to anyone the benefits of belonging to a decent union.
Of course there will always be free loaders who think they can get the
benefits without contributing to the costs. Like so many Brexiteers.

I refused to join "the union", I didn't want them to have sole
negotiating rights over *my* terms and conditions.

I also didn't go on strike when they called one as I didn't have any say
in it so why should I do what they wanted?

It works both ways unions shouldn't expect to influence non members when
they don't listen to them.