Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Quooker

On 16/02/2018 15:46, Robin wrote:
On 16/02/2018 15:04, Andy Burns wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Paper with 5.5kW passing through it?Â* Is that a good idea?

It's not passing through as *heat*, though, is it.

No, but it only needs a tiny percentage to get converted *into* heat ...

I promise I won't use magnetic paper

Fahrenheit 451 suggested to me that ordinary paper would be safe in
contact with the bottom of the pan in most uses - when boiling/steaming,
gently frying etc.Â* And the useful suggestion of baking parchment seems
to me likely to cope with hotter pans.

How hot does an oven go? 250C?

An empty pan on an induction hob could go hotter.

Just make sure its got water in the pan and it won't get hot enough to
do anything to the paper.

I have used a cotton tea towel under a cast iron trivet to stop it
scratching the hob. Works fine as long as you keep an eye on it. I have
even used two rings to heat the trivet as its big enough to span two.