Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to tell "Cutting Oil" from "Lubricating Oil"

On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 11:41:42 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"rangerssuck" wrote in message
On Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 7:21:11 AM UTC-5, Jim Wilkins wrote:

I'm not trivializing the skill it takes to run this sort of test. I'm
just pointing out that stuff like this often ends up in the garbage
(rather than at an auction house) because either someone is too lazy
or the institution doesn't have a mechanism for selling or donating
excess equipment, but destroying it is easy.

=====

A town employee who sees interesting things at the dump gives me some.
I have a Harbor Freight 61969 miter saw in the repair queue for this
spring, in exchange for working on a generator he salvaged for his
dad.

I have the single-bevel style of that saw and happily used it for 8
years in my handyman service. It's still in good shape and running.
I wish I had a friend at the dump. It's unconscionable what people
throw away. Nicked cord on a $3,000 device? Toss it. sigh

-- Sir Winston Churchill