Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Times table check trialled ahead of rollout

On 02/16/2018 05:11 AM, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
I remember at uni-level maths, one of the first things discussed was how
to quickly estimate (if only to the nearest order of magnitude) what a
solution might look like. It seemed obvious to me at the time, but I am
still surprised at how often even educated people fail to spot what
ought to be glaring errors.

Back in the slide rule days a reality check was necessary.