Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fox's Mercantile Fox's Mercantile is offline

Default Asterisk and FreePBX

On 2/16/18 7:16 AM, Aleksandar Kuktin wrote:
There is also another one. DID and/or DOD. I remeber we needed to
set them properly, but that was for an all-VOIP instalation.
We use SIP, it carries metadata about the call, but maybe the analog
line also carries the same information, just in a different format?

An analog telco line does NOT include DID.
They rightly assume, "It's a physical line, there's a tag at the
demarc telling you what the number is (and always is.)

The way around that is DAHDI Configure DID.
You can assign a "fake" DID to an analog FXO port. This way the PBX
thinks an incoming call has "xxxx" for the DID and does the Inbound
Routes using the DID like it's supposed to.

I suppose if you have more than one incoming line and you pay extra
for a hunt group, you would assign all the incoming FXO ports the
same "fake" DID using the primary number DID.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0