Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Quooker

On 16/02/2018 10:15, whisky-dave wrote:

So is mine and I don't think my hob is anywhere near 3.5KW I've only noticed it be about 2KW. Most cookers have 4 hobs that would be 14KW ! with an oven .

We're still dithering about a new kitchen so I know a solution is to get
a big kettle and a Miele hob with WaterBoost[1].

"Miele induction hobs with WaterBoost offer a maximum power level of up
to 5.5 kW on a 28 cm cooking zone for pans over 24 cm in diameter.
Thanks to the high power, two litres of water will boil in 2 minutes and
38 seconds."

[1] and possibly also a spouse or partner like Tim Lamb's

--
Robin