Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DOS based CD-Writer software ?

On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 04:37:28 +0000, Johnny B Good wrote:

On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 23:47:27 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 22:48:47 +0000, Andrew Mawson wrote:

Frustratingly the DC7600 / SFF manual refers to an option cable to add
a second serial port, which looks to be just a 9 pin D type and
bracket to a 'dual row of pins' header socket. These are available on
eBay but cost as much as my serial port card and search as I may THERE
IS NO CORRESPONDING HEADER on the mother board - believe me I've
searched several SFF m/bs. - I suspect it applies to the desktop
version of the DC7600 and the manual is wrong !!!

And there are two different incompatible pinouts anyway. I have always
made my own.

That's not his current problem since there doesn't appear to be such a
dual row header, as described in the MoBo manual, for him to plug one
into anyway. His only option is to fit the PCI serial I/O card (he can
disable the on-board serial port if needs be).

With regard to the two different pinout standards, I've already covered
the reason for the two standards in another post elsewhere in this
thread.

Yes, but 5 hours after I posted that! No problem.