Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Quooker

On Thursday, 15 February 2018 18:28:48 UTC, charles wrote:
In article , dennis@home
wrote:
On 14/02/2018 17:58, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Huge was thinking very hard :
That's what I used to do, but since going induction, the hob heats the
water faster than the kettle.

I cannot really see how that can be, if the Kw rating are the same. A
kettle is as near as matters delivers 100% of the energy direct into
the water, as the element is submerged directly in contact with the
contents. An induction hob has losses, the heat is also wasted heating
the container, then the contents.

Easy, kettle typically 2kw, ring on induction hob typically 3.5kw and
above. So they are not the same kw rating.

our kettle is rated 3kW

So is mine and I don't think my hob is anywhere near 3.5KW I've only noticed it be about 2KW. Most cookers have 4 hobs that would be 14KW ! with an oven .

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England