Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael[_24_] Michael[_24_] is offline

Default Shellac hardening times

On Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 3:00:06 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Saturday, February 5, 2000 at 11:00:00 PM UTC-9, Taig wrote:
Hello Robert,
If you are using Zinser's shellac check the bottom of the can for
the date that it was created on. Shellac only has a shelf life of 6 to 12
months.

I am having this same problem.i just checked the bottom and then the entire surface of both my Zinser cans. no date in sight???? I bought them both at Home Depot???

Are you saying that you are having the original problem as the original poster, that your coats of shellac won't dry?