Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Quooker

On 15/02/2018 14:18, RJH wrote:
On 15/02/2018 13:41, wrote:
We went through this loop a few years ago. At the time, the way it
worked was to continually keep the warm "hot" (maybe not fully
boiling) and when we tasted tea from one in a shop it tasted a bit odd
(maybe it was their one but we assumed because the water was
continuously heated). Anyway after much discussion we bought one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...AZL&ref=plSrch

It boils 1 cup (approx 250ml) at a time and probably takes about 25
seconds to do so. We have a tap and hose next to it for easy filling
without moving the kettle. Descaling is the same as with a regular
kettle.

Is the dispensed water boiling though? According to the (cough) Which
report, it isn't (water in the cup 91C from a dispenser, 96C from a
kettle).

The water is forced out by steam so it must be boiling.
How do which measure it?

Maybe they got the other one that heats a bit of water at a time and
expels a steady slow stream rather than a cupful in about 3 seconds
after a 30-40 second wait.