Posted to uk.d-i-y
www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] is offline

Default Quooker

On 13/02/2018 22:13, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Tim Lamb
wrote:

I'm trying to push her towards the combined hot/cold/boiling tap
arrangement.

Our main tap is hot softened, cold softened, cold unsoftened filtered.
The Quooker tap is boiling only and mounted away from the main tap, for
safety.

This is a hard water area and I am concerned about scale inside the
reservoir. Presumably there is an over pressure relief valve and some
sort of tundish arrangement. I don't have a huge amount of confidence
in the filter/scale remover offering either:-(

No water softener then? I think you either have to buy their softener
or have your own, otherwise it scales up.

I'm sure when I looked into them previously there was something in
manufacturer details saying they should not be used with a water
softener but couldn't find any reason why not.