Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default where can I get the right converter to plug a 300W 120V US fan heater into a UK socket?

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher writes:
On 15/02/18 09:37, Robert Phillips wrote:
I am looking for a reliable convert to plug a 300W 120V US fan heater into a UK socket.

The plug looks like this

http://a-bike.co.uk/wp-content/uploa...13001438_S.jpg

Maplin have a converter that does 300W for £40 but it's a bit risky as it gives no leeway.. I think the convert should support e.g. 400W or 500W.

Well you can think what you like.

The heater is te main draw, and that wint have mnuch switch in surge

None at all if it's nichrome wire - actually slightly the opposite.

--
Andrew Gabriel