Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default where can I get the right converter to plug a 300W 120V US fanheater into a UK socket?

On 15/02/2018 13:15, Robert Phillips wrote:
On Thursday, 15 February 2018 11:04:05 UTC, Tim+ wrote:
The unfused plug on that would make me very wary of the electrical safety
of the whole device. AKA €śjunk from China€ť.

Tim

On the heater, or on the ebay Step Down / Up Transformer 230V-110V AC UK-US Voltage Converter 200W 1000W UK?

I guess the heater plug is the one with no fuse. So will the transformer which I guess is fused, make it safe or safer?

The heater is

https://www.amazon.com/Optimus-H-411.../dp/B000GG8DTS
so is 300W

I guess it's not technically a fan, it's an infra red heater that is designed to look a bit like a fan. I don't think it has any fan on there.

Thanks

What's wrong with buying a new heater that works the same way and costs ÂŁ12?

http://www.viking-direct.co.uk/catal....do?id=4859055