Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

Handsome Jack wrote:

Roland Perry posted
In message , at 20:43:32 on
Sun, 11 Feb 2018, Roger Hayter remarked:
I think the OECD figures inadequately account for skill levels in the
two sectors. At best they are speculative, and I don't think OECD is a
pro-nationalisation organisation.

The OECD is not political at all. It merely aggregates statistics
supplied by member states. And very professionally too.

See, for example, this OECD press release. Not political at all ...

(snip global warming propoganda for brevity)

People in the UK tend to use the description "not political" to mean
"not the subject of a disagreement between the major Parliamentary
political parties". Hence the pleas for parties to work together for
objectives which are regarded as self-evidently desirable. The fact
that the objectives are desirable is clearly a highly political
conclusion, but since all the media agree on them many people fail to
see this. This frustrates those of us who disagree with said
objectives, but also demonstrates why we should not necessarily believe
OECD statistics. Just to get back on topic.

--

Roger Hayter