Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default where can I get the right converter to plug a 300W 120V US fanheater into a UK socket?

On 15/02/2018 09:37, Robert Phillips wrote:
I am looking for a reliable convert to plug a 300W 120V US fan heater into a UK socket.

300W? What use is that?

The plug looks like this

http://a-bike.co.uk/wp-content/uploa...13001438_S.jpg

Maplin have a converter that does 300W for £40 but it's a bit risky as it gives no leeway.. I think the convert should support e.g. 400W or 500W.

A boss where I worked brought a clock radio back from the US - this was
the early 1970s when they were unheard of here - and obtained an
autotransformer to drive it. How I laughed (silently) when he reported
that it lost four hours a day!

--
Max Demian