Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default where can I get the right converter to plug a 300W 120V US fanheater into a UK socket?

On 15/02/2018 09:37, Robert Phillips wrote:
I am looking for a reliable convert to plug a 300W 120V US fan heater into a UK socket.

The plug looks like this

http://a-bike.co.uk/wp-content/uploa...13001438_S.jpg

Maplin have a converter that does 300W for £40 but it's a bit risky as it gives no leeway.. I think the convert should support e.g. 400W or 500W..

I suppose it's a step up voltage converter that I need. According to maplin..

Maplin have a 1000W one but that is over £100, and quite big, and overkill.

I emailed rswww and they said that they don't have anything more than 45W..

I certainly don't want to get some junk from china.. I don't want some random make.

I want to get something reliable that can handle up to 400W or 500W. As there's no risk then as the heater is rated 300W. So if it goes to 380W i'll be ok.

What are my options?

Thanks

300w is almost nothing for a fan heater. Are you absolutely sure that's
correct?

What you need is a step down transformer, not a step up. Obviously, as
you have discovered, a new fan heater is far cheaper.