Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Source of clear plastic 100mm tube?

On 14/02/18 11:33, wrote:
I'm about to update my dust extraction system and would prefer to use
clear pipe, rather than soil pipe, so I can see any hang-ups or
blockages - are there any sources of 1 or 2 m lengths at a reasonable price?

Cut the top and bottom off 2 litre soft drinks bottles and tape them
together (Sellotape for transparency, duct-tape for strength). Remember
that PET bottles are made to deal with the pressure from fizzy drinks,
so should be strong enough.

It might not look good, but will be free and the bottles easily replaceable.

--

Jeff