Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

In article , pamela
writes
On 12:20 13 Feb 2018, Max Demian wrote:

On 12/02/2018 20:14, Roger Hayter wrote:
Andrew wrote:

On 11/02/2018 23:20, Max Demian wrote:
The pension terms (both contributions and
benefits) have been altered many times over the years,

Nope.

The NHS superannuation scheme has a 1/80th accrual rate
and a retirement age of 60 and a tax-free lump sum of
3x first years pension. All this for a 6% employee
contribution, and GPs, despite being 'self-employed' are
full members of this scheme. Eat your heart out ARW if
you have to make your own provision.

Had, you mean, not has. And you fail to mention the employer's
contribution which was quite large. And, interestingly, GPs have
to pay the employer's contribution out of their gross
remuneration, as self-employed. And even all that is subject to
a maximum pension pot of 1.2M which is equivalent to a relatively
moderate final salary.

Relative to what? Should yield at least 35K (indexed), even if all
put in an annuity.

An pension of £35K indexed sounds mighty comfy to me. Pehaps he's
saying such a pension is a pittance compared to the considerable
amounts they were earning. It can't be said that their union, the
BMA, didn't skillfully agree a corker of a pay deal some years ago
making our GPs rich beyond their wildest hopes. Unfortunately this
has become their expectation.

Or alternatively and extremely unskilled negotiation by the last Labour
government.
--
bert