Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

In article , pamela
writes
On 14:00 13 Feb 2018, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
RJH wrote:
Well, you could cited the other statistics in that article - many
earn £56k, and the average is £90k.

Given a GP might need to live reasonably close to their work, is
90k that excessive for a job which needs a lot of expensive
training? About double that of a tube train driver?

I've a feeling many of the old farts on here have no idea the
percentage of a salary that goes on housing these days, compared
to when they were a younger person.

A self-employed partner in a GP practice (which is what we might
normally mean when we say GP) earns an average of £106,000. Salaried
GPs will get less.

https://fullfact.org/news/are-britis...st-paid-world/

For some GPs to earn a lot more than that means many earn a lot less.
I suppose these might be part time GPs.

Time we got rid of GP practices. They are a failing business model
failing to provide the service required and thus throwing the load onto
A&E departments in hospital trusts for which they are not paid.
Many new GPs do not wish to buy into a practice but would rather have
the flexibility of being employees. So let the NHS Trusts set up
practices and employ GPs to provide primary care offering them better
career paths with training and development opportunities.
Right. That's that sorted :-)
--
bert