Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Asterisk and FreePBX

Fox's Mercantile wrote:

Anyone here running the Asterisk BX with the FreePBX GUI?

I don't know what BX is (Business Exchange??) But I run Asterisk/FreePBX at
home (which is also my home business).

Wow, the setup was BRUTAL, there's a LOT you have to figure out the hard
way. I run a funny setup, two copper CO lines into the PBX, and then
several Snom 300 phones via a PoE switch. One of the copper lines is
actually a VOIP modem, but that is what the ISP provided, and I'm fine with
that, as this machine has no WAN address, only a local address via NAT.
More secure that way.

The DAMN thing is so complex, we really haven't figured out how to transfer
or park calls reliably. But, the voice mail works great!

So, what did you want to know?

Jon