Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT Cloud cuckoo land.

On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 15:58:33 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

snip

Anyone not voting can be considered a "don't care".

Only by left brainers.

They were given the opportunity to vote, if they didn't that's their choice/problem.

No, it could be all our problems. As you are a left brainer you would
never understand why so I'll try and help you out.

Let's say that many of the people who didn't vote at all, did so
because they weren't willing to vote on something when there were no
clear signs exactly what that vote would mean.

You on the other hand were willing to vote (Leave) because you are so
sure that it is the right thing to do, even if only for you personally
and on little in the way of hard evidence what your vote would
actually mean.

Which of those two would you say was being the most real world, the
most interested in real democracy, the one most considerate of 'other
people', the most respectful of the democratic system?

ou can't count them as "leave" or "remain", so you have to not count them at all.

Yes, I understand *YOU* can't count them at all, I'm saying that if
you were a right brainer, if you were at all interested in seeing 'the
will of the people' in action, you wouldn't proceed when only 1/3rd of
the electorate voted for it.

It really doesn't matter how many people vote, the side that gets the most wins, that's how voting works.

For left brainers, especially on such a fine margin.

Why do you keep saying "left brainer" for "person with intelligence"?

Because whilst you may have a high(er) IQ you would have a low(er) EQ
and it's these human level things we are talking about here.

You sound like a 6 year old and I'm trying to explain a basic concept here.

And you sound like a left brainer with a complete inability to see
things from any other POV than your own. I can fully understand how
you can see it your way, shame you can't reciprocate. ;-(

I can become a right brainer by getting blind drunk and stoned.

No you can't, you would get an idiot.

Otherwise I can actually think.

I haven't said you can't think, it's the way you think I'm talking
about here (and you keep demonstrating).

OK, in your world there is black and white, right and wrong, leave or
remain but in most instances, what is actually 'right', what is
'fair', what is 'reasonable', isn't black or white it's grey. So,
using your binary thinking, of course even one more vote to Leave than
Remain would be a 'decisive vote' in your mind. In fact 1 or 1,269,501
votes in favour of Leave (potentially) are exactly the same to you.

And whilst I'm not arguing that counts as a 'leave win' within the
system we used at the time, I question the use of that system for that
task and question the tiny size of the win majority as being anything
like indicative of the 'will of the people'.

And lets face it, you still don't
have a clue what you will get from your vote so you just gambled (or
are arrogant enough to think you have the answers).

Everyone had the chance to do research.

With a time machine or crystal ball I'm guessing.

State exactly what facets of leaving the EU we are going to see, or
prove you really don't have a clue what your Leave vote meant.

Look up the internet, on the internet.

Yeah, everone is going to do that aren't they left brainer?

snip the rest unread as it's pointless

Aww, the irony. Yup, I know, to many left brainers, right brainers are
just 'talking heads' and to be ignored.

Classifying people into left and right brainers shows just how odd you really are.

What, so you think everone is identical then? (Classic left brainer
mistake).

I think you're being absurd for dismissing left brainers as stupid when they're the intelligent ones.

I never said any such thing so what you are doing is demonstrating
*exactly* my point. Left brainers don't have the ability to see past
black and white. People are either on your side or they are your
enemies.

No, I didn't count non-voters as voting against me, I just didn't count them at all.

We know.

And it would appear that's how every single snip expletive government works.

What, we actually required the supermajority from both camps for it to
be counted as a win did we? Farage said he would only count Remain as
willing id they got at least 2/3rds of the votes.

Please lower your medicaition.

Please raise yours.

They can't read between the lines, aren't interested in the
bigger picture and are fixated on what they believe to be fact /
right. Just as you are doing here.

Arty farty right brainers can't think logically, so shouldn't even be allowed to vote.

Except they can see the bigger picture

No they just float around in a daze.

Again with your black and white view of an analogue world.

I give up,

I know, it was inevitable, all the Brexiteers do when their backs are
to the wall.

there's no point in trying to have a sensible discussion with you.

Translation: "You won't simply roll over to the continuous repetition
of my biased left brained BS so I'm now going to go off and sulk."

You reaction is perfectly typical of your mindset. You are right,
anyone who disagrees is wrong, and if shouting that at them doesn't
change their minds, you are going to run away as I can't cope ...

Mate, we were given one mouth and two ears for a reason.

Off you go into the bin.....

Thanks goodness for that. One less troll to have to keep correcting!

Cheers, T i m