Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Quooker

On 13/02/2018 23:12, Robin wrote:
On 13/02/2018 22:54, Roger Mills wrote:
snip

We're in a relatively hard water area, and I've had to de-scale the
spout on the boiling tap a few times, but otherwise it's been ok. We
have no separate water softening device - except for one of these
snake oil devices with a coil of wire round the rising main, which
SWMBO insisted on years ago - long before we installed the Quooker.

By "no separate" do you mean you use the Quooker "Scale Control"? When I
looked at them I struggled to work out the likely running cost in terms
of replacement cartridges. "4200 litres at 10°dH" is a lot of coffee but
I've no idea how much hot water we use for rinsing, washing up, and so on.

No - I meant that we don't use *any* form of softening - other than this
coil of wire device.
--
Cheers,
Roger