Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk
Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] is offline

Default Times table check trialled ahead of rollout

p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 10:59:31 +0000, "Dan S. MacAbre" wrote:

p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:

Another triumph for conservatism. I wonder who's behind this brainwave.
Heaven help the world after Brexit with Boris in charge and this kind of
forward creative thinking. We're gonna be 'Yuge'. UK UK UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-43046142

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

Our lad's already been doing times tables test for the last year and a
half, and he still forgets them :-) Too many other distractions in a
kid's life, these days. Having said that, if someone were to ask me
what 6 * 7 is, I'd still have to go 6 * 6 = 36, and then add 6. Same
for 7 * 8.

Playing darts sharpened me up. Of course nowadays they would have to
provide a safe space and a non competitive environment for learning. I
still feel the need for therapy 40 years later. #mepoohdartsrecovery

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

My dad can do that. Tell you what you need to finish, each time you hit
the wrong numbers (I'm hopeless at darts).

The idea of having a dartboard in the classroom is an interesting one
:-) Seems unlikely these days. I know you didn't mean that, but the
thought of it made me laugh.