Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davidm Davidm is offline

Default Black is REALLY Black

On BBC Breakfast this morning there was an article about a new
material that was black and that absorbed over 99.8% of light (I can't
remember it's name), but the comment was made that it's more expensive
than gold.

They then went on to talk about, and show clips of, a building at the
winter olympics that has been clad with this stuff, it looked wierd,
and people commented that they felt quite disorientated looking at it.
Must have cost a bloody fortune though if the cost comment was true.

I can imagine some interesting, and scary, applications for this
stuff.