Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DOS based CD-Writer software ?

On 14/02/18 08:39, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 00:45:45 +0000, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:

Andrew Mawson wrote:
OK wrong forum I know but there are a lot of knowledgeable people on
this forum

I need some software that will run under DOS 6.22 that will allow me to
copy files to a CD/DVD-ROM Drive. This is on a legacy CNC machine - I'm
replacing a dying Viglen PC where the only exchangeable media is 4.5"
Floppy for a Compac DC7600 SFF PC that I have which also hasÂ* CD/DVD
read / write drive that would be very handy for data exchange.

NB this is running genuine DOS 6.22 NOT a DOS window under Windoze !

Any pointers very welcome !

Andrew

Do you think you could run this in a VM?Â* You might try Disk2VHD, which
would at least give you a copy of the whole thing to play with.Â* The VHD
can then be opened in something like 7zip, and individual files
transferred, if you don't want to try to boot it up in a VM.

How does this help him WRITE a CD?

I thought he was only looking for a way to get data from the disk.

Yeah. As usual what the OP really wants only emerges after a load of
wasted suggestions

It does seem to me that since the new machine has an ethernet interface,
getting TCP/IP working on the DOS is probvaly the easiest way to push
files off it.

http://californiasoftwaresystems.com/ts/tcp-ip/

seems to be aimed at this sport of case.

The more I see what te situation is the more I tend tiowqwrds any
solution BUT using the DVD drive from DOS.

I think my two front runners are to get raw TCP/IP and netbios working
on the bare bones DOS machine OR use a fully functional host operating
system anbd run DOSBOX inside that.

--
I would rather have questions that cannot be answered...
....than to have answers that cannot be questioned

Richard Feynman