Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default DOS based CD-Writer software ?

Yes it might also need an old copy of zip to enable disc spanning of the
files between floppies. I'm sure many also have floppies that work, most
still do if given a little tlc.
Other thoughts, has it got a serial port? Then it could be possible to
shove a serial card in another machine to enable the two to talk over a
null modem cable.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
news
On 13/02/18 20:05, Andrew Mawson wrote:
wrote in message

On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 19:53:16 UTC, Andrew Mawson wrote:
OK wrong forum I know but there are a lot of knowledgeable people on
this
forum

I need some software that will run under DOS 6.22 that will allow me to
copy
files to a CD/DVD-ROM Drive. This is on a legacy CNC machine - I'm
replacing
a dying Viglen PC where the only exchangeable media is 4.5" Floppy for
Compac DC7600 SFF PC that I have which also has CD/DVD read / write
drive
that would be very handy for data exchange.

NB this is running genuine DOS 6.22 NOT a DOS window under Windoze !

Any pointers very welcome !

Andrew

http://www.bttr-software.de/forum/mix_entry.php?id=2599

NT

Thank you, but Google found me that page yesterday, and every link in it
is broken

Andrew

YOur problem is more hardware than software.

If you meant a 3.5" floppy, get a USB 3.5" drive from currys (etc)

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...77724-pdt.html

You can read the data straight into that Compac DC7600...

Whether the Compac will ruun freeDos or whatever and actually be able to
use it is another matter

--
It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been
fooled.