Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] is offline

Default DOS based CD-Writer software ?

Andrew Mawson wrote:
OK wrong forum I know but there are a lot of knowledgeable people on
this forum

I need some software that will run under DOS 6.22 that will allow me to
copy files to a CD/DVD-ROM Drive. This is on a legacy CNC machine - I'm
replacing a dying Viglen PC where the only exchangeable media is 4.5"
Floppy for a Compac DC7600 SFF PC that I have which also has CD/DVD
read / write drive that would be very handy for data exchange.

NB this is running genuine DOS 6.22 NOT a DOS window under Windoze !

Any pointers very welcome !

Andrew

Do you think you could run this in a VM? You might try Disk2VHD, which
would at least give you a copy of the whole thing to play with. The VHD
can then be opened in something like 7zip, and individual files
transferred, if you don't want to try to boot it up in a VM.