Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johnny B Good Johnny B Good is offline

Default Side Cutters recommendation please

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 21:11:17 +0000, ARW wrote:

On 13/02/2018 11:54, George Miles wrote:
I have some electrical side cutters but they're damaged at the end,
got a lot of wiring to do so this time wont buy the cheapest,
on ebay they range from £2 to £25,
advice please...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?

_from=R40&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0. Xside
+cutters.TRS0&_nkw=side+cutters&_sacat=0

Knipex.

I have the 74 08 200 ones but some people find them too heavy duty for
smaller cables eg alarm cable.

Buggered if I can find them on the Knipex site all I an find are the 74
06 200 which are chrome plated.

I can attest to the quality of the Knipex 74-160 that I was 'gifted' by
my boss when I took "The Golden Handshake" from BT back in '92 since they
somehow miraculously survived my son's usage of them to cut bicycle
spokes (and other, similarly tough items no wire cutters should ever have
to face).

Since they were my favourite weapon of choice for trimming my finger and
toe nails, I hid them away and lied to my son that I had lost them. The
ruse worked. I still keep them hidden away to this day and they still
look as good as the day they were issued in spite of all the abuse meted
out by my son.

--
Johnny B Good