Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default speeech to text.

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 18:09:38 +0000, Rob Morley
wrote:

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 10:30:09 +0000
T i m wrote:

Fact. Voice recognition on Linux is sh1te and TNP uses Linux. Why
would that statement be any less relevant than a vast number of posts
people make here (and considering TNP advocates Linux and disses
Windows all the time, even though he has to use Windows for the very
sort of reason I stated (it's still Windows even if in a VM))? shrug

He may choose to use Windows for a particular application because some
developers of Windows software decide not to offer their products for
Linux.

Not really 'a choice' then is it Rob? It's more like 'going without'.
See, 'most people' have no interest in the OS outside of it doing what
they want and you don't need to look very far to find out that for
'most people', Windows will do more than OSX or Linux for them. That
stands to reason when it's the incumbent / de facto standard OS of the
world. (And doesn't look like it's going to change any time soon).

https://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

That's hardly an indication that Linux is bad or Windows is
good.

I never even hinted at such a thing? I was using Ubuntu earlier ...

I have no experience of speech recognition software in any
environment (although ISTR picking up a copy of Dragon NS a while ago
with some other stuff),

I have and was actually doing some earlier. ;-)

I shall add it to the bottom of my list of
things to do, and get back to you.

Please do(n't). ;-)

Cheers, T i m