Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT Cloud cuckoo land.

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 15:56:35 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

snip

The point it the majority did not vote to leave the EU, a minority did
(1/3rd of the electorate).

That part shows how stupid you really are.

Ok, let' see how this pans out ...

Why do you automatically assume the non-voters would have voted your way?

Where have I stated that?

Non-voters are not counted, end of story.

Well, they are 'counted' but not counted for or against etc. They are
also differentiated against those who spoiled their papers etc (and so
both *must* be 'counted').

The only sensible thing to do is assume they would have voted in the same proportions as those that bothered to get out of their arm chair.

And what does an assumption make out of you or I (and your use of
emotive words like 'bothered' says more than you realise).

See, as a left brainer you are completely ignoring any potential
motivation (or lack thereof) behind why people didn't vote Leave or
Remain.

eg. Some thoughts for you ... (that you may not be able to understand,
let alone consider or accept).

We were already in the EU (and still are of course). In general people
don't bother to vote for what they already have, because they already
have it.

It wasn't clear what voting 'Leave' actually meant (and still isn't of
course) and how it might therefore compare with voting remain and so
they didn't vote for either (that was me).

Then we have the people who agreed between them that their votes would
cancel so they didn't vote. Therefore their votes weren't officially
counted as voting but their 'votes' were a controlled part of the
process nonetheless.

When asking people if they want to change or change from the status
quo, it's only necessary to count the hands of the people who actually
*want* to do that, not of those who don't or don't care.

What is it that the fanatic Brexiteers are so petrified of that means
they don't want to see true democracy, the real 'will of the people'
in action? It's just as if they have had a lucky break but don't think
they could get away with it again? (Which says it all).

IHTH, but suspect it won't.

Cheers, T i m