Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Cloud cuckoo land.

On Monday, 12 February 2018 22:58:15 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 14:17:04 -0800 (PST), tabbypurr wrote:

snip

Right, direct Brexiteer challenge, just to probe how lost you aren't?

Q1. What things did you vote for when ticking the 'Leave' box?

Q2. Of the things you think you voted for, how many of them do you
think you will get?

Q3. Of the things you think you are going to get, how 'hard / soft' do
you think they will be (were 10=very hard).

Q4. If you get the softest of all the things you think you voted for,
would that still make leaving a no brainer?

I didn't expect to but I don't mind answering those.

Ok, thank you.

1. Government by people who depend on our vote.

Ok So this is the 'Un elected bureaucrats in Brussels' one.

1a) Have you actually suffered anything directly / personally because
of this arrangement or is it just a principal thing?

Freedom from paying the EU an ever increasing fortune.

1b) In turn for not getting a lot of it back and other 'perks' of
membership?

There may well be other benefits too, but those are the big 2.

Ok, thanks.

2. Both.

Ok. So, you are willing to forego all the benefits (and even the
Brexiteers admit there are some) for those two alone?

3. You forgot to define/explain/state clearly what you meant

Ok, I thought I had. From your previous answers I'm guessing you would
prefer a 'hard Brexit' and so your answer would be 10 and 10. eg, You
would expect a complete disconnection from EU rules affecting us at
all and not having to pay a penny into the EU from the point we leave?

4. ditto

Again, I thought it was pretty straightforward ... Ok, so let's say
you don't get exactly what you wanted re us having to abide by ANY EU
rules post Brexit ... at what point (if any) would you consider the
risk might outweigh the gain (as perceived by you)?

eg. Let's say we are currently obliged to 1000 EU controlled laws and
as a result of us leaving the EU we are still effectively beholden to
100 EU controlled laws (because of some deal). Would you consider that
a net gain, compared with all the benefits that we will also lose by
leaving (baby out with bath water sorta thing)?

Cheers, T i m

I'm sure you mean well but we both know you're not going to engage in a reasoned discussion on this one.

NT