Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Mains sockets with USB ports

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 09:30:55 +0000, GB wrote:

I swear by MK, but they are literally 4 times the price of the ones you
linked to.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/mk-13a-2-...hite/3905g#_=p

Just read some of the non-stellar reviews for those!

Thanks,
apologies for the recommendation, but as I said I have
found everything I fitted that MK produced of top quality.

Same here. Only after that did I read the reviews. It sounds like they
are buying them in.

A couple or so years ago, on here, there was a v. brief exchange re. SF's MK
being made to a price. Doesn't meen that more expensive ones from elsewhere
would be any better, of course.
BTW, ISTR seeing some articles on cheap USB leads not only being risky but
also capable of wrecking equipment. 3.1 and C can be the worst due to the
power. Also some C aren't to standard on wiring.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away