Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Mains sockets with USB ports

Tim Watts wrote:

On 12/02/18 12:33, Roger Hayter wrote:
Cursitor Doom wrote:

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 23:09:22 +0000, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

I dont think an smps is deliberately referenced to the mains. Without a
ground reference, most SMPS provide a slight tingle, capacitive pickup I
presume.

boggle

It's remarkable how small a current people (and cows) can feel. And
there is no way to make it zero. Otherwise we wouldn't have wireless.

?

Wireless is the transmission of photons, not charged particles.

When you want to transmit a wireless signal, do you go to your tobacco
tin full of dehydrated photons, or do you start moving charged particles
through resonant bits of hardware?[1] Mutatis mutandis, reception.

[1] After fifty plus years of desultory reading I still can't make any
sense of simple physical models of capacitor "current". But radio
waves are still possible, as is leakage of AC via capacitance.

--

Roger Hayter