Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Mains sockets with USB ports

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 13:49:12 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

So in precisely one week of holidays, I did a basic re-wire. Just one
central light and a couple of sockets per room - but doing it in such a
way as to make it as easy as possible to extend at a later date.

I did similar.

Once living in the house and deciding on room layout etc, I re-wired each
one before decorating. Saves the nonsense of having sockets behind
furniture or whatever. Or light switches where it is easiest for a sparks
to put them.

Quite.

We went to the BIL's new (to him) house the other day and I found
myself floundering for the pull cord for the light switch in the
bathroom because it was a fair way into the room! ;-(

I'd installed a separate ring for the kitchen.

Same here.

When doing the major
alterations to that, I installed sockets along the worktops with about an
equal socket/gap ratio. On the principle you can never have too many, and
the cost being a small proportion of the overall kitchen.

Our 3 doubles on the worktop are 700mm apart but the worktop is only
just under 3m long. ;-)

I think if I was to fit some more they would be in the middle, to deal
with the things that tend to come and go?

Cheers, T i m