Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] is offline

Default Mains sockets with USB ports

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 13:03:18 +0000, T i m wrote:

On 12 Feb 2018 10:56:55 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 00:46:10 +0000, T i m wrote:

You surely don't have so few sockets in your kitchen you have to unplug
things? On a DIY group?

In our Victorian house, 'galley kitchen' ... on the main (full length)
work top, we have three doubles. The one on the left has the microwave
and toaster, the one in the middle has the kettle and can opener, the
one on the right the hands free phone and TV. Underneath the worktop is
another double for the fridge and freezer.

Despite my best efforts at the time (and some last minute changes) we
ended up with not quite enough.

I remember being a guide to how many sockets and where they should be
in each room at the time I wired this place but I'm guessing those
numbers have all gone up nowdays?

At one end, one double socket for microwave oven, slow cooker and chip
pan. That works OK.

I'm guessing the microwave stays in all the time and the other two
share on demand?

Other end, two doubles. Toaster, coffee machine, food mixer, radio/CD
player, IP phone.

;-)

Generally OK, but can be a problem at times.

The biggest inconvenience to us can be flicking the kettle on and not
noticing it's been unplugged by daughter for her phone, JBL speakers
or portable battery.

But I guess that's fair, I don't put the loo seat down after I've used
it, even though it's MFF here. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Many moons ago, when I was in the TV trade, customers used to get
around the problem using a localised networking system.

The source node was the family 13A plug, then from this they would
have the TV, Video, Table lamp and dates permitting, Xmas tree lights.

Sensitive souls they were, they would be on the phone within seconds
of pulling away from their door, moaning about the admonishment theyd
been given and the fact that only the TV was re connected to the
family plug.

AB