Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Mains sockets with USB ports

On 12/02/2018 07:58, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 07:44:44 +0000, GB
wrote:

On 11/02/2018 18:26, GB wrote:
On 11/02/2018 18:05, soup wrote:
I fitted some of these on the living room wiring.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/bg-13a-2-...er-white/8534f

Screwfix ones shown as an example as I can't remember what ones I
actually fitted

Just lately one packed up all together and just today one of them feels
as if one of the USB sockets has physically given up the ghost.

Â*Â*I suspect these have broken as they were cheap is there any
recommendation on type to get for longevity.
Edinburgh Scotland region if applicable.

I swear by MK, but they are literally 4 times the price of the ones you
linked to.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/mk-13a-2-...hite/3905g#_=p

Just read some of the non-stellar reviews for those!

Thanks,
apologies for the recommendation, but as I said I have
found everything I fitted that MK produced of top quality.

Same here. Only after that did I read the reviews. It sounds like they
are buying them in.

Mind you like the USB sockets if it's megabucks more to go MK, then
the MK gets left on the shelf.

The Wickes one's do the job for me, but I would guess that they are
the same basic model as most other retailers bargain basement device.

AB