Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johnny B Good Johnny B Good is offline

Default Mains sockets with USB ports

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 20:43:27 +0000, dennis@home wrote:

On 11/02/2018 18:05, soup wrote:
I fitted some of these on the living room wiring.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/bg-13a-2-...ed-socket-usb-

charger-outboard-rocker-white/8534f

Screwfix ones shown as an example as I can't remember what ones I
actually fitted

Just lately one packed up all together and just today one of them feels
as if one of the USB sockets has physically given up the ghost.

Â*I suspect these have broken as they were cheap is there any
recommendation on type to get for longevity.
Edinburgh Scotland region if applicable.

2.1A plug in usb for £2 in poundland according to bigclive.
Just plug it in and switch it on when needed.

Even better, assuming they're still available, would be a pair of
Signalex 1.2A USB wallwarts at £1 each. A whole 12VA's worth instead of a
poxy 10.5 VA's worth for your 2 quid spend. :-)

Incidentally, the white Chinese made 1A USB wallwart I mentioned in my
other follow up to this thread are, contrary to my original supposition
that I'd purchased it from Pound World, was also another Poundland
purchase as I discovered once I'd finally tracked down Big Clive's "2017
Poundland USB charger analysis" youtube video.

--
Johnny B Good